    rendered to a web page. Is there a way we can keep the user from
    downloading the photos, by right clicking a photo and choosing save as?

    TIA

    gh, Jan 18, 2008

  2. gh

    Patrice Guest

    Not really. To be displayed the image has to be available client side where
    the user will be able to grab it. Also he could use the Print-Screen etc..
    to keep a copy.

    Depending on your needs you could include a mention on those images so that
    they are not usable as is...
    --
    Patrice

    Patrice, Jan 18, 2008

  3. gh

    sloan Guest

    No, you're only security measure is to "stream" the image, instead of having
    hard files on the web server.

    Your online bank's images of your checks are (or should be) this way.

    But once on the client, they can screen capture (brute force) it no matter
    what.

    You can ~~try~~ "right click" disablers, but they are only nuisances in the
    end, not real security measures.

    sloan, Jan 18, 2008
  4. Your best option is to watermark them, or break them up into tiles and
    deliver the tiles, so its not a complete image as such - you have to deliver
    them anyway so you cant really protect them but you can make it awkward for
    end users to steal them - of course nothing stops a print screen on the
    whole browser and cutting the image out in a graphics package.

    Regards

    John Timney (MVP)
    http://www.johntimney.com
    http://www.johntimney.com/blog