images vs imagemaps

brucie

in post: <
tzigone said:
could you make a performance comparison for images and imagemaps?can
you give informatin about page load time measures for those?

separate images would be better. i would go into detail but not on a
stupid website that is using my usenet posts without permission.
i wonder if it is worth to make these 3 images seperate pictures and
remove imagemap?
yes

Do you realize that you are not posting to a website forum when you use
this site. They are passing your posts on to the usenet newsgroup
alt.html

alt.html is a publicly available newsgroup. The website you are
using is stealing its content directly from there and pretending that it
is their own. There is no original material at all on the website you
are looking at now. It is all coming directly from usenet.

tzigone

hello,
could you make a performance comparison for images and imagemaps?ca
you give informatin about page load time measures for those?
i have a logo bannner at the top of my site and on left side there ar
3 links which are on an imagemap. i wonder if it is worth to make thes
3 images seperate pictures and remove imagemap

tzigon

rf

Do you realize that you are not posting to a webiste forum when you use this
site. They are passing your posts on to the usenet newsgroup
alt.html

alt.html is a publicly available newsgroup. The website you are
using is stealing its content directly from there and pretending that it is
their own. There is no original material at all on the website you are
looking at now. It is all coming directly from usenet.

I suggest you obtain a newsreader and visit us at -
you will get a far better reaction to your question.

Cheers
Richard.

rf

brucie said:
Do you realize that you are not posting to a website forum when you use
this site. They are passing your posts on to the usenet newsgroup
alt.html

alt.html is a publicly available newsgroup. The website you are
using is stealing its content directly from there and pretending that it
is their own. There is no original material at all on the website you
are looking at now. It is all coming directly from usenet.

I'm glad that this bit of prose is getting a nice workout ;-)
brucie - i usenet nude

Shame, shame, shame...

http://users.bigpond.net.au/rf/roo.jpg

Cheers
Richard.

brucie

in post: <
Do you realize that you are not posting to a webiste forum when you use this
site. They are passing your posts on to the usenet newsgroup
alt.html

and now there are ads on the site

Richard

rf wrote:

Do you realize that you are not posting to a webiste forum when you use
this site. They are passing your posts on to the usenet newsgroup
alt.html
alt.html is a publicly available newsgroup. The website you are
using is stealing its content directly from there and pretending that it
is their own. There is no original material at all on the website you are
looking at now. It is all coming directly from usenet.
I suggest you obtain a newsreader and visit us at -
you will get a far better reaction to your question.
Cheers
Richard.

They appear to be about as current as google.groups is.
But maybe a tad better. They only appear to be about 3 hours behind instead
of 6.
I will say this for them, they have done a good job at sorting out the
groups and giving a decent description of them. Making it a bit easier to
find a particular group.

Richard

rf wrote:

Do you realize that you are not posting to a webiste forum when you use
this site. They are passing your posts on to the usenet newsgroup
alt.html
alt.html is a publicly available newsgroup. The website you are
using is stealing its content directly from there and pretending that it
is their own. There is no original material at all on the website you are
looking at now. It is all coming directly from usenet.
I suggest you obtain a newsreader and visit us at -
you will get a far better reaction to your question.
Cheers
Richard.

It's also a service of giganews.

Toby A Inkster

Richard said:
I wouldn't need your permission. Once you make a post, it becomes public
domain fair use.

Wrong Richard. The only things that are in the public domain are:

a) those things to old to be copyrighted anymore;

b) those things deemed not creative enough to be copyrightable; and

c) those things that the copyright holder has specifically placed in the
public domain by way of a copyright waiver.

Brucie's posts fall into none of these categories.

rf

Richard said:
rf wrote:

I will say this for them, they have done a good job at sorting out the
groups and giving a decent description of them. Making it a bit easier to
find a particular group.

Please point out where, precicely, on that web site is the word 'newsgroup'
used. Please point out where alt.html is mentioned. Please point out where
the site explains that it is a web based newsreader, posting information to
and stealing informatio from usenet.

Cheers
Richard.