images vs imagemaps

Discussion in 'HTML' started by brucie, Jan 21, 2004.

  1. brucie

    brucie Guest

    in post: <news:4designers.com>
    tzigone <4designers.com> said:

    > could you make a performance comparison for images and imagemaps?can
    > you give informatin about page load time measures for those?

    separate images would be better. i would go into detail but not on a
    stupid website that is using my usenet posts without permission.

    > i wonder if it is worth to make these 3 images seperate pictures and
    > remove imagemap?

    yes

    Do you realize that you are not posting to a website forum when you use
    this site. They are passing your posts on to the usenet newsgroup
    alt.html

    alt.html is a publicly available newsgroup. The website you are
    using is stealing its content directly from there and pretending that it
    is their own. There is no original material at all on the website you
    are looking at now. It is all coming directly from usenet.

    --
    brucie - i usenet nude

    brucie, Jan 21, 2004

  2. brucie

    tzigone Guest

    hello,
    could you make a performance comparison for images and imagemaps?ca
    you give informatin about page load time measures for those?
    i have a logo bannner at the top of my site and on left side there ar
    3 links which are on an imagemap. i wonder if it is worth to make thes
    3 images seperate pictures and remove imagemap

    tzigon

    tzigone, Jan 21, 2004

  3. brucie

    rf Guest

    "tzigone" <4designers.com> wrote in message

    Do you realize that you are not posting to a webiste forum when you use this
    site. They are passing your posts on to the usenet newsgroup
    alt.html

    alt.html is a publicly available newsgroup. The website you are
    using is stealing its content directly from there and pretending that it is
    their own. There is no original material at all on the website you are
    looking at now. It is all coming directly from usenet.

    I suggest you obtain a newsreader and visit us at news:alt.html -
    you will get a far better reaction to your question.

    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Jan 21, 2004
  4. brucie

    rf Guest

    "brucie" <> wrote in message

    > Do you realize that you are not posting to a website forum when you use
    > this site. They are passing your posts on to the usenet newsgroup
    > alt.html
    >
    > alt.html is a publicly available newsgroup. The website you are
    > using is stealing its content directly from there and pretending that it
    > is their own. There is no original material at all on the website you
    > are looking at now. It is all coming directly from usenet.

    I'm glad that this bit of prose is getting a nice workout ;-)

    > brucie - i usenet nude

    Shame, shame, shame...

    http://users.bigpond.net.au/rf/roo.jpg

    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Jan 21, 2004
  5. brucie

    brucie Guest

    in post: <news:%7uPb.21854$>
    "rf" <> said:

    >> brucie - i usenet nude

    > Shame, shame, shame...

    you're just jealous because your wife wont let you (you'll scare the
    cat)

    > http://users.bigpond.net.au/rf/roo.jpg

    does he ever move?

    --
    brucie - i usenet nude

    brucie, Jan 21, 2004
  6. brucie

    brucie Guest

    in post: <news:72uPb.21821$>
    "rf" <> said:

    > Do you realize that you are not posting to a webiste forum when you use this
    > site. They are passing your posts on to the usenet newsgroup
    > alt.html

    and now there are ads on the site

    --
    brucie - i usenet nude

    brucie, Jan 21, 2004
  7. brucie

    Richard Guest

    brucie wrote:

    > in post: <news:4designers.com>
    > tzigone <4designers.com> said:

    >> could you make a performance comparison for images and imagemaps?can
    >> you give informatin about page load time measures for those?

    > separate images would be better. i would go into detail but not on a
    > stupid website that is using my usenet posts without permission.

    wahhhhhhhhhhhhh

    I wouldn't need your permission. Once you make a post, it becomes public
    domain fair use.

    >> i wonder if it is worth to make these 3 images seperate pictures and
    >> remove imagemap?

    > yes

    And take 3 times as long to load.

    Richard, Jan 21, 2004
  8. brucie

    Richard Guest

    rf wrote:

    > "tzigone" <4designers.com> wrote in message

    > Do you realize that you are not posting to a webiste forum when you use
    > this site. They are passing your posts on to the usenet newsgroup
    > alt.html

    > alt.html is a publicly available newsgroup. The website you are
    > using is stealing its content directly from there and pretending that it
    > is their own. There is no original material at all on the website you are
    > looking at now. It is all coming directly from usenet.

    > I suggest you obtain a newsreader and visit us at news:alt.html -
    > you will get a far better reaction to your question.

    > Cheers
    > Richard.

    They appear to be about as current as google.groups is.
    But maybe a tad better. They only appear to be about 3 hours behind instead
    of 6.
    I will say this for them, they have done a good job at sorting out the
    groups and giving a decent description of them. Making it a bit easier to
    find a particular group.

    Richard, Jan 21, 2004
  9. brucie

    Richard Guest

    rf wrote:

    > "tzigone" <4designers.com> wrote in message

    > Do you realize that you are not posting to a webiste forum when you use
    > this site. They are passing your posts on to the usenet newsgroup
    > alt.html

    > alt.html is a publicly available newsgroup. The website you are
    > using is stealing its content directly from there and pretending that it
    > is their own. There is no original material at all on the website you are
    > looking at now. It is all coming directly from usenet.

    > I suggest you obtain a newsreader and visit us at news:alt.html -
    > you will get a far better reaction to your question.

    > Cheers
    > Richard.

    It's also a service of giganews.

    Richard, Jan 21, 2004
  10. Richard wrote:

    > brucie wrote:
    >
    >> i would go into detail but not on a
    >> stupid website that is using my usenet posts without permission.

    > I wouldn't need your permission. Once you make a post, it becomes public
    > domain fair use.

    Wrong Richard. The only things that are in the public domain are:

    a) those things to old to be copyrighted anymore;

    b) those things deemed not creative enough to be copyrightable; and

    c) those things that the copyright holder has specifically placed in the
    public domain by way of a copyright waiver.

    Brucie's posts fall into none of these categories.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby A Inkster, Jan 21, 2004
  11. brucie

    rf Guest

    "Richard" <anonymous@127.000> wrote in message
    > rf wrote:
    >

    > > "tzigone" <4designers.com> wrote in message

    > > Do you realize that you are not posting to a webiste forum when you use
    > > this site. They are passing your posts on to the usenet newsgroup
    > > alt.html

    > > alt.html is a publicly available newsgroup. The website you are
    > > using is stealing its content directly from there and pretending that

    it
    > > is their own. There is no original material at all on the website you

    are
    > > looking at now. It is all coming directly from usenet.

    > > I suggest you obtain a newsreader and visit us at news:alt.html -
    > > you will get a far better reaction to your question.

    > > Cheers
    > > Richard.

    > I will say this for them, they have done a good job at sorting out the
    > groups and giving a decent description of them. Making it a bit easier to
    > find a particular group.

    Please point out where, precicely, on that web site is the word 'newsgroup'
    used. Please point out where alt.html is mentioned. Please point out where
    the site explains that it is a web based newsreader, posting information to
    and stealing informatio from usenet.

    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Jan 21, 2004
  12. brucie

    brucie Guest

    in post: <news:>
    "Richard" <anonymous@127.000> said:

    > Once you make a post, it becomes public domain fair use.

    you're an idiot

    > And take 3 times as long to load.

    wrong

    --