ImageURLEditor and a UserControl

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by ME, Nov 21, 2005.

  1. ME

    ME Guest

    ASP.NET 2.0 Question.

    I have created a USERControl for my site (System.Web.UI.UserControl). I
    added two string public properties that I will use to change an image box's
    image URL at run time. I want to make the properties show up at design
    time in the property browser and also have the ablility to use the
    ImageURLEditor that the Image Control uses. I added this attribute to the
    properties:
    [Editor(typeof(System.Web.UI.Design.ImageUrlEditor), typeof(UITypeEditor))]

    Even though the attribute is there I still do not get the custom editor (the
    box that has the "..." in the property browser). What am I doing wrong? Is
    this a limitation to UserControls?

    Thanks,

    Matt

    [Category("Images")]
    [Editor(typeof(System.Web.UI.Design.ImageUrlEditor), typeof(UITypeEditor))]
    public string URLTopBorder
    {
    get
    {