imap and Tmail. Getting whole email with imap

Adam Akhtar

Hi Im finding the imap docs to be a bit hard to understand. Ive also
searched on these forums but cant find the answer i need.

I can access my gmail account via imap fine and i can use "fetch" to
pull various parts of my emails out using parameters "ENVELOPE" or
"BODY[TEXT]".

I want to use Tmail and it requires a complete email in its "raw" (as it
says on its site) state but how do i use imap to do this. So far i can
only grab parts of the messge using those parameters above e.g.
Envelope.attr[:subject] etc and i cant find a parameter in the docs that
just gives you the email in full.

anyone help me on this one?

Eric Hodel

Hi Im finding the imap docs to be a bit hard to understand. Ive also
searched on these forums but cant find the answer i need.

I can access my gmail account via imap fine and i can use "fetch" to
pull various parts of my emails out using parameters "ENVELOPE" or
"BODY[TEXT]".

I want to use Tmail and it requires a complete email in its
"raw" (as it
says on its site) state but how do i use imap to do this. So far i can
only grab parts of the messge using those parameters above e.g.
Envelope.attr[:subject] etc and i cant find a parameter in the docs
that
just gives you the email in full.

anyone help me on this one?

Read:

http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc3501.txt Section 6.4.5 (page 53)

You can probably get away with ALL. Otherwise ENVELOPE BODY will get
what you want. If you don't want to mark the message as read, use
BODY.PEEK