IMAP library

Bruno Barberi Gnecco

It seems that this question has been asked a few times in this
group before, but sometime has passed since the last post and maybe there's
something new. I'm looking for a high level IMAP library--I know of imaplib,
but it's awfully documented and I was hoping to avoid reading RFCs for
a simple email reader routine.

So, is there any example, routine, library or code in some software
package that reads mails from IMAP, with attachments? I don't need anything
fancy, just reading the emails and decoding them.

If there isn't, I'm willing to write one and release it under LGPL.
Anybody would like to help?