IMAP Message is read only

Abraham Khalil

Open the Imap inbox folder for READ_WRITE access
Trying to add a new header to the message mail when it done a
particular task

Getting this error:
javax.mail.IllegalWriteException: IMAPMessage is read-only

If I want to retrieve just the message-id for the mail and add a new
mail status in the header for email tracking and not worry about it's
content, should I create a new mail folder in the IMAP folder and
store the relevant state information. Thinking of this, because the
inbox folder is read only and can't be update messages their?

How should I update the mail headers under IMAP protocol to avoid this
illegal write exception of a imap message being read only?

Thanks
Abraham Khalil