Imbedding Image into EMails

Rob T

I have a program that is used to send out HTML formatted emails. I have no
problems sending them out with images that are just links to an image stored
elsewhere on the Internet.. What I really want to do is imbed the image
into the email so that the recipient doesn't have to be connected to see it.

Is there an example out there somewhere? Thanks.

BTW, picking through other emails source code, it looks like this type of
email has some type of base 64 converted text at the end and the image tag
reference a unique key for each image.... I guess this is what I'm trying
to accomplish?

Thanks.
Rob T.