    possible please

    The Old Fart
    Work A Dirty 4 Letter Word

    Old Fart, Mar 3, 2008

  2. Old Fart

    richard Guest

    On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 04:38:24 GMT, "Old Fart" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi All,
    > I have just spent 2 hours trying to build an email form that can
    >send bookings with numerous details to me
    > and I give up this old brain cant get around it
    >
    > So could some-one please send me to a ready made form site if
    >possible please
    >
    >The Old Fart
    >Work A Dirty 4 Letter Word

    www.cgiconnection.com

    assuming you know a bit about working with cgi.
    and have a domain.

    richard, Mar 3, 2008

  3. On Mar 3, 1:37 am, richard <> wrote:
    > >I have just spent 2 hours trying to build an email form that can
    > >send bookings with numerous details to me
    > >and I give up this old brain cant get around it
    > >So could some-one please send me to a ready made form site if
    > >possible please

    > www.cgiconnection.com
    > assuming you know a bit about working with cgi.
    > and have a domain.

    Based on the OP's post I am guessing that may not be a good
    assumption...

    Travis Newbury, Mar 3, 2008
  4. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Old Fart"
    <> writing in

    > Hi All,
    > I have just spent 2 hours trying to build an email form
    > that can
    > send bookings with numerous details to me
    > and I give up this old brain cant get around it
    >
    > So could some-one please send me to a ready made form site
    > if
    > possible please

    It depends on what you have available on the server. Forms are
    processed server side.

    It's also not a good idea to put a form into an email. There are a lot
    of people whose email does not, or will not, display HTML. Give the
    recipient a link to a page on the site that has the form.

    You will also probably want to keep records in a database. Again, you
    will have to find out what is available on the server.

    > The Old Fart
    > Work A Dirty 4 Letter Word

    Please fix your signature. A signature should have two dashes followed
    by a space and a carriage return - conforming news clients will then
    snip the signature on reply.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services

    Adrienne Boswell, Mar 3, 2008
  5. Old Fart

    richard Guest

    On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 01:56:29 -0800 (PST), Travis Newbury
    <> wrote:

    >On Mar 3, 1:37 am, richard <> wrote:
    >> >I have just spent 2 hours trying to build an email form that can
    >> >send bookings with numerous details to me
    >> >and I give up this old brain cant get around it
    >> >So could some-one please send me to a ready made form site if
    >> >possible please

    >> www.cgiconnection.com
    >> assuming you know a bit about working with cgi.
    >> and have a domain.

    >Based on the OP's post I am guessing that may not be a good
    >assumption...

    email form tells me this will be handled most likely by the server.
    with is short description, that further tells me that he would need
    something that works server side. most websites include cgi. ergo, if
    he has the knowledge to work with cgi, then that may be one solution.
    I know for a fact that this particular website has an email form maker
    in cgi and could be what he's looking for.

    I am not aware that html can handle email forms. JS might but that may
    cause more problems than it's worth.

    richard, Mar 4, 2008
  6. On Mar 4, 1:55 am, richard <> wrote:
    > >Based on the OP's post I am guessing that may not be a good
    > >assumption...

    > if he has the knowledge to work with cgi...

    It did not sound as if he did have that knowledge to me.

    Travis Newbury, Mar 4, 2008
  7. richard wrote:

    > I am not aware that html can handle email forms.

    I cannot processes forms data. HTML is just markup.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Mar 4, 2008
  8. Old Fart

    Old Fart Guest

    >> >Based on the OP's post I am guessing that may not be a good
    >> >assumption...

    >> if he has the knowledge to work with cgi...

    > It did not sound as if he did have that knowledge to me.

    Well you are all right I don't know anything about cgi and side servers
    so it looks like I got some learning to do
    1/ basically I need a server to host the program ?
    2/ and that server then forwards the info to my email ?
    3/ then I need the page and code to do the job ?

    Thanks All
    --
    The Old Fart
    Work A Dirty 4 Letter Word

    Old Fart, Mar 4, 2008
  9. Old Fart

    C A Upsdell Guest

    Old Fart wrote:
    >>> if he has the knowledge to work with cgi...

    >> It did not sound as if he did have that knowledge to me.

    > Well you are all right I don't know anything about cgi and side servers
    > so it looks like I got some learning to do
    > 1/ basically I need a server to host the program ?
    > 2/ and that server then forwards the info to my email ?
    > 3/ then I need the page and code to do the job ?

    There are services which will provide much of what you want, for free,
    assuming your needs are not too great, e.g. BraveNet.com .

    C A Upsdell, Mar 5, 2008