immediate opening for JQuery and JS programming

kin

HI,

Start Date: IMMEDIATELY

Location: Toronto, CANADA

End Date: 2 months with high likelihood of extension

***Must be expert in JQuery & JS programming***

We need a strong JavaScript developer with in
depth experience with JQuery.

· The successful candidate will have a solid grasp
of Object oriented JS programming skills.

· JQuery experience MUST include the development
of custom JQuery components built from scratch (it would be great if
candidates could be pre-screened for this -- they often seem to claim
they have this experience when they don't).

· We're definitely looking for more than someone
who has simply modified / implemented existing JQuery components.

thanks

David Mark

HI,

Start Date: IMMEDIATELY

Location: Toronto, CANADA

End Date: 2 months with high likelihood of extension

That's a given.
***Must be expert in JQuery & JS programming***

That's a contradiction in terms. Nobody, but nobody who is an expert
at JS programming would waste time with jQuery.
                      We need a strong JavaScript developer with in
depth experience with JQuery.

See above.
·                     The successful candidate willhave a solid grasp
of Object oriented JS programming skills.

The audience for jQuery is primarily made up of Web designers looking
to add "cool" effects (or anything remotely related to Ajax) to their
sites. They are the Web equivalent of paper hangers, pasting up
patterns from books (and hoping they stick long enough to cash their
check and get out of town.)
·                     JQuery experience MUST include the development
of custom JQuery components built from scratch (it would be great if
candidates could be pre-screened for this -- they often seem to claim
they have this experience when they don't).

Yes, often disingenuous and/or overconfident. jQuery makes it so
simple!
·                     We're definitely looking for more than someone
who has simply modified / implemented existing JQuery components.

Look somewhere else.

You are not welcome.

Jonathan Fine

NickFitz

Was: Re: immediate opening for JQuery and JS programming

Hello Richard

You wrote:
Sorry, I looked for and did not find such a statement.  I've looked in
the FAQ:
     http://www.jibbering.com/faq/#appropriateQuestions
and the newsgroup charter
     http://www.jibbering.com/faq/faq_notes/cljs_charter.html

Please would someone supply a URL for this group's policy on job
advertisments.

It's in the FAQ notes:

"Other things that are off topic for the group include obvious things
like pyramid and get rich quick schemes, commercial advertising (with
some rare exceptions mentioned below), job adverts, spurious
invitations to visit web sites and anything else that might be
reasonably regarded as spam."
<http://www.jibbering.com/faq/faq_notes/clj_posts.html#ps1OToc>

Maybe it should be added to the main FAQ? <http://www.jibbering.com/
faq/#appropriateQuestions>

Cheers,

Nick.

Richard Cornford

Was: Re: immediate opening for JQuery and JS programming

Hello Richard
This group's long-standing injunction against the posting of job
advertisements [...]

Sorry, I looked for and did not find such a statement. I've looked
in the FAQ:
http://www.jibbering.com/faq/#appropriateQuestions

You did not try searching for the word "job" in the FAQ?

It is in section 1.3 under the heading "What Not to Post". The wording
could be less ambiguous. It once read "clj is a technical group,
postings of job adverts and commercial adverts are not welcome - job
postings should go to an appropriate regional jobs group", where "job
adverts" seems more obvious/direct than "job postings". (Strangely
Garrett appears to have removed the injunction against "commercial
adverts", perhaps he thinks spamming from Chinese shoe conmen are
appropriate).

The charter says that the group is "open to discussion on all aspects
of JavaScript", while job advertisements don't encourage, or even
intentionally invite, discussion. And that is assuming their subject
(the jobs being advertised) relate to javascript, while for these
spammers at kindlesys.com this is the first of their job advertisement
spams posted on this group that is for a job related to the subject of
the group. We can expect that as organisations like kindlesys.com who
resort to spamming couldn't expect to attract staff who are not idle,
incompetent and probably dishonest.
Please would someone supply a URL for this group's policy on job
advertisments.

Richard.

Jonathan Fine

Richard said:
Was: Re: immediate opening for JQuery and JS programming

Hello Richard
This group's long-standing injunction against the posting of job
advertisements [...]
Sorry, I looked for and did not find such a statement. I've looked
in the FAQ:
http://www.jibbering.com/faq/#appropriateQuestions

You did not try searching for the word "job" in the FAQ?

Thank you for this, Richard. (I did look for 'advert'.)

The FAQ reads:
---
Do not post job postings. Job postings should go to an appropriate
regional jobs group.
---

It is part of
1.3 What should I do before posting to comp.lang.javascript?
while I looked only at
1.2 What questions are on-topic for comp.lang.javascript?

Perhaps the statement about job postings, and indeed the whole "What Not
to Post" subsection should be moved to 1.2. (Things not to post are
off-topic.)