immutable vs mutable

Mark H Harris

The article is bogged down in unnecessary complications with regard to
mutability (or not) and pass-by reference|value stuff. The author risks
confusing her audience (those who are perhaps already confused about the
nature of variables in Python).

The examples deal mostly with names and scope. The article in my opinion
confuses a Python concept which is otherwise very straight-forward which
has been beat to death on this forum.

marcus

Deb Wyatt

The examples deal mostly with names and scope. The article in my opinion
confuses a Python concept which is otherwise very straight-forward which
has been beat to death on this forum.

marcus

Well, I'm glad you find this concept straight-forward. I guess I'm not as smart as you. I won't beat it anymore.

Deb in WA, USA

Deb Wyatt

The examples deal mostly with names and scope. The article in my opinion
confuses a Python concept which is otherwise very straight-forward which
has been beat to death on this forum.

marcus

Well, I'm glad you find this concept straight-forward. I guess I'm not as smart as you. I won't beat it anymore.

Deb in WA, USA

Ethan Furman

Well, I'm glad you find this concept straight-forward. I guess I'm not
as smart as you. I won't beat it anymore.

Deb, do yourself a favor and just trash-can anything from Mark Harris.

And keep asking questions.

Deb Wyatt