Impact of a caching ServiceLocator with regards to credentials

Brian J. Sayatovic

I've seen conflicting evidence for whether or not communication to
JNDI objects uses credentials from the calling thread, or the
credentials on the InitialContext that lookedup the object.

In the case of a caching ServiceLocator, objects are typically looked
up with an InitialContext that was created and cached when the
ServiceLocator was instantiated. However, because it is cached,
multiple, different users will be calling methods on the cached JNDI
object.

So will the methods be invoked with the credentials of the user bound
to the calling thread, or the credentials which which the object was
first looked up when it was cached?

Regards,
Brian.

P.S. If someone knows in what doc/spec I might find this spelled out,
that would be helpful