imperative design

Sebastian Fey

Hi,

i have to design a program written in an imperative language.
I ve done the anaylysis part in UML, but how do i proceed?

Core of the program is a data structure that looks like this:

----------- --------
| Initiator |--------------------| Target |
----------- | --------

-----------
| Attribute |
-----------

(attributed association in UML class diagram)

ill implement it with this matrix: (Initiator X Target -> Attribute)

(btw: the language does not provide pointers, so this matrix is the best
way to achieve what i want.)

besides the matrix there are several functions that work with it using
some arrays.

How do i formally correct design such a program.
How do i model the matrix and the functions and how do i proper connect
them?

The only thing i know about imperative desingn are nassi/shneidermann
diagrams, but afaik they are no real help for my problem.

any pointers?

thx in advance,

Sebastian

santosh

Sebastian said:
Hi,

i have to design a program written in an imperative language.
I ve done the anaylysis part in UML, but how do i proceed?
<snip>

Your question apparently has nothing to do with the C language. Try
comp.programming.

Sebastian Fey

Serve said:
this is the only part not off topic :)
youre very funny, maybe you also got a newsgroup that matches my problem
better...?
I just thought C programmer know how to design imperative programs...

Serve Laurijssen

Sebastian Fey said:
youre very funny,
thx

maybe you also got a newsgroup that matches my problem better...?

santosh gave good suggestion
I just thought C programmer know how to design imperative programs...

If I wanted to know more about that topic I wouldnt go to comp.lang.c. btw,
all widely used programming languages are imperative