imperative design

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Sebastian Fey, Jan 28, 2007.

  1. Hi,

    i have to design a program written in an imperative language.
    I ve done the anaylysis part in UML, but how do i proceed?

    Core of the program is a data structure that looks like this:

    ----------- --------
    | Initiator |--------------------| Target |
    ----------- | --------

    -----------
    | Attribute |
    -----------

    (attributed association in UML class diagram)

    ill implement it with this matrix: (Initiator X Target -> Attribute)

    (btw: the language does not provide pointers, so this matrix is the best
    way to achieve what i want.)

    besides the matrix there are several functions that work with it using
    some arrays.

    How do i formally correct design such a program.
    How do i model the matrix and the functions and how do i proper connect
    them?

    The only thing i know about imperative desingn are nassi/shneidermann
    diagrams, but afaik they are no real help for my problem.

    any pointers?

    thx in advance,

    Sebastian

    Sebastian Fey, Jan 28, 2007

  2. Sebastian Fey

    santosh Guest

    Sebastian Fey wrote:
    > Hi,
    >

    > i have to design a program written in an imperative language.
    > I ve done the anaylysis part in UML, but how do i proceed?

    <snip>

    Your question apparently has nothing to do with the C language. Try
    comp.programming.

    santosh, Jan 28, 2007

  3. "Sebastian Fey" <> wrote in message
    > any pointers?

    this is the only part not off topic :)

    Serve Laurijssen, Jan 28, 2007
  4. Serve Laurijssen schrieb:
    > "Sebastian Fey" <> wrote in message
    >> any pointers?

    > this is the only part not off topic :)

    youre very funny, maybe you also got a newsgroup that matches my problem
    better...?
    I just thought C programmer know how to design imperative programs...

    Sebastian Fey, Jan 28, 2007
  5. "Sebastian Fey" <> wrote in message
    > Serve Laurijssen schrieb:
    >> "Sebastian Fey" <> wrote in message
    >>> any pointers?

    >> this is the only part not off topic :)
    >>

    > youre very funny,

    thx

    > maybe you also got a newsgroup that matches my problem better...?

    santosh gave good suggestion

    > I just thought C programmer know how to design imperative programs...

    If I wanted to know more about that topic I wouldnt go to comp.lang.c. btw,
    all widely used programming languages are imperative

    Serve Laurijssen, Jan 28, 2007