Impersonate a user

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Yu, Jan 15, 2004.

  1. Yu

    Yu Guest

    Hi guys,
    I am working for an asp app with the use of sql 2000,
    COM+ and iis 5.0.
    In part of the solution, some files (lotus notes related)
    will put in a folder that need a higher security and so I
    only granted the right for certain NT auth. user to
    access.
    I need a method to let the user access the folder's files
    but don't prompt them to key in the user id and password.

    I tried a method sth like
    http://userid:
    I works but the page's cache and properties display the
    password in plain text. So, it don't acceptable in my
    case.

    I tried some other thing like "How to: impersonate a user
    from active server page" (Q248187) listed in the
    knowledge base. it use the function LogonUser
    Lib "advapi32.dll". However, it doesn't work in the web
    server (it works on my local pc). I guess it may simply
    because my web site doesn't join any domain.

    So, any other method can i try? Look forward to hear all
    your kindly suggestions.

    Yu, Jan 15, 2004