impersonate aspnet user with windows desktop application

ebbflow

I've seen explainations on how to impersonate a non aspnet user when a web
page is called within an web application, but I have a different
impersonation issue.

I have a windows desktop application (not a web app) that is used by our web
administrator to control some of the web application's settings. It also
has some troubleshooting features. One feature that I'd like is to verify
that the aspnet user has some permissions to open some files and folders,
launch specific programs, etc.

In short, I'd like to impersonate the aspnet user (not the user running the
program) in the desktop application. Can I do this, and can it be done
without knowing the aspnet password?

Thanks in advance.

Savas Ates

just call the web page by using XMLHTTP in your desktop application. search
about Xmlhttp on the web.

ebbflow

Thanks for the suggestion.

But I do not want to call the web page for a multitude of reasons.
I'd like to impersonate the aspnet user from my desktop app and check a few
things.

Thanks

Phillip Windell

This group is for ASP Classic,...not ASP.Net
There is no such thing as an aspuser in ASP Classic
--
Phillip Windell [MCP, MVP, CCNA]
www.wandtv.com

The views expressed are my own (as annoying as they are), and not those of
my employer or anyone else associated with me.