Impersonate Identity doesn't work on the server

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Peter Afonin, Sep 9, 2004.

  1. Peter Afonin

    Peter Afonin Guest

    Hello,

    In my application I have to impersonate users, so I add

    <identity impersonate="true" />

    to the Web.config file.

    As long as I run the application on my PC - everything works fine. As soon
    as I put the application on the server - I cannot run the application at
    all, I get an "Access denied" error. When I remove impersonation -
    everything works OK.

    What can I do about it? Whithout impersonation my application won't work.

    The server is Windows 2003, and it's a domain controller. We are also using
    Windows authentication.

    I would appreciate your comments.

    Thank you,

    --
    Peter Afonin
    Peter Afonin, Sep 9, 2004

  2. Peter Afonin

    Ken Schaefer Guest

    Well, does the impersonated identity have access to whatever you are trying
    to access?

    Cheers
    Ken

    Ken Schaefer, Sep 9, 2004

  3. Peter Afonin

    Peter Afonin Guest

    Hi Ken,

    I'm just trying to run the application, and it doesn't run with impersonated
    identity. I don't know what access I should set up.

    Thanks,

    Peter

    Peter Afonin, Sep 9, 2004
  4. Peter Afonin

    Peter Afonin Guest

    I've found the solution in this article:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;824308

    Although it's about Win2000 SP4 and I have Win2003, this worked for me.

    Peter Afonin, Sep 9, 2004