Impersonate in ThreadPool

• Thread starter Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]
  • Start date
D

Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]

Unfortunately impersonation tokens are not copied to new threads (this is 'fixed' in .NET 2.0).

you have to impersonate the account on the new thread - that's the only solution.

Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
http://www.leastprivilege.com

nntp://news.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.security/<#[email protected]>

Hi all I have an ASP.NET application that uses impersonate account to connect to DB, this works good. But in some cases I need to put some methods in ThreadPool. The methods from ThreadPool should do some foreground operations with DB. But .NET throws me the sql exception "Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.". The thread from pool in execution proccess has an ASPNET account different from my impersonated account. How can I resolve this problem, do you have any suggestions? with best regards
Viorel
This post contained attachments. By default, NewsGator will not download attachments, but can be configured to do so. If you wish to automatically download attachments for this newsgroup, go to NewsGator/Subscriptions, select this group and click Edit, and change the Options.

[microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.security]

Ask a Question