Impersonate, Windows Authentication and Database Access

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Fabricio Sperandio, Apr 5, 2004.

  1. Hi everyone,

    I am having problems in my Intranet web site. I recently changed the
    authentication mode from forms to windows. I turned "OFF" the anonymous
    access on the IIS security settings and turned "ON" the impersonate on my
    Web.config.

    That is ok, I am impersonating the user currently logged on each workstation
    and it was working fine.

    The problem is that I just can execute a query on my Access database using
    OleDb for users that are members of the local Administrators group. For the
    rest of them i received an "System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Unspecified
    error" message.

    Everyone has "Full Control" over the whole web site folder, the bin folder,
    database, all of them and their respective files (*.mdb, *.dll).

    What's going one here? Help me!

    The only thing I can do is add all the users to the local Administrators
    group, and then it works.

    Cheers,

    Fabrício

    Fabricio Sperandio, Apr 5, 2004

  2. You must grant the read/write permission to the temp folder to the
    impersonated account (all the Users in your scenario).
    Follow the suggestions of this article:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=825738

    HtH,
    Andrea