Impersonating user

kedar

Hi,

I have a asp.net application, which control virtual directory, we want any
user to access and we do not want to use windows authentication(we do not
want windows authentication dialog) or forms authentication(as we do not
want any login page). However we want to impersonate the user.

Could anyone tell how to achieve this.

thanks,
Kedar.

Joe Kaplan

How would you know who the user is to impersonate if you did not
authenticate them somehow?

Joe K.

Dominick Baier

as Joe says - you need to auth the user to impersonate him.

Depending on browser settings and other factors you can do that using windows
authentication (without showing the logon dialog box).

what's your scenario?

kedar

Dominick,

We want to overcome the window authentication dialog, what you said make me
feel something intresting. Could you tell me the browser setting and other
factors that I need consider for windows authentication not to come up.

thanks,
Kedar.