Impersonation and webproxy credentials

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Davide Bedin, Mar 3, 2004.

  1. Davide Bedin

    Davide Bedin Guest

    I configured my asp.net 1.1 application to impersonate a specific user
    account that has the rights to access the web through the network ISA
    server.

    So I tried to access a web resource, an external web service, specifying the
    ISA address for the webproxy class and setting the webproxy.Credentials =
    System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials, I knew that in this scenario
    the DefaultCredentials would be the credentials of the impersonated user.

    Using the default credentials doesn't let me access the web service through
    the ISA Server as I get a 407 Proxy Authentication Error. If I explicitly
    create a new credentials object using the same user info of the impersonated
    user account everything works as expected.

    This sounds really strange to me, probably there is some additional setting
    I might have set in a wrong way.

    Thanks,
    Davide

    Davide Bedin, Mar 3, 2004