Impersonation Configuration Error

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Mills Perry, Aug 13, 2003.

  1. Mills Perry

    Mills Perry Guest

    I have entered an identity element in my Web.Config file:

    <identity impersonate="true" userName="myDomain\myUserid"
    password="myPassword" />

    When I try to run my application, I get this error:

    "Could not create Windows user token from the credentials specified in
    the config file. Error from the operating system 'A required privilege
    is not held by the client. '"

    I have added my ASPNET account the Super User and Administrator groups
    and restarted IIS, but that didn't help.

    I have also tried updating my Machine.Config file without success.

    <processModel enable="true"
    ... blah blah blah ...
    userName="myDomain\myUserid" password="myPassword"
    comImpersonationLevel="Impersonate"
    ... blah blah blah .../>

    Can someone tell me clearly (using small words and specific steps)
    what I need to do to use the <identity> tag?

    Thanks!

    Mills Perry, Aug 13, 2003