Impersonation Stops Language Resources Working

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Matthew, Aug 25, 2004.

  1. Matthew

    Matthew Guest

    (This is a repost from the internationalization group where I am getting no joy)

    Hi,

    My ASP.NET application has internationalised string resources via
    satellite assemblies in the usual way. Everything was working fine
    and changing culture correctly switched the resources into the
    appropriate languages.

    However, switching on impersonation in web.config stops this working
    and I always get the default culture. i.e. my web.config has the
    lines:

    <authentication mode="None" />
    <identity impersonate="true" />

    and it my insternationalisation doesn't work and everything is always
    in English, but changing this to impersonate="false" and it all works
    perfetly again.

    I have tried numerous different users as the anonymous user including
    ISR_<machinename>, ASPNET and local administrators and nothing works.

    Any help gratefully appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Matthew

    Matthew, Aug 25, 2004

  2. How are you assigning the culture? How are you selecting the culture that
    should be used?

    Nicole Calinoiu, Aug 27, 2004