    application (Acrobat Reader or Microsoft Office). How do I find out
    which application is on focus and grab the text highlighted? Thanks.
    Danny

    Danny, Aug 14, 2003

  2. Danny

    Jeff Guest

    "Danny" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    > I am writing a C program trying to read highlighted text in aother
    > application (Acrobat Reader or Microsoft Office). How do I find out
    > which application is on focus and grab the text highlighted? Thanks.
    > Danny

    Windows-specific problem is off-topic here.
    Try ask in comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32

    --
    Jeff

    Jeff, Aug 14, 2003

  3. Danny

    Socketd Guest

    On 14 Aug 2003 07:47:48 -0700
    (Danny) wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I am writing a C program

    Then why are you posting in a C++ group?

    >trying to read highlighted text in aother
    > application (Acrobat Reader or Microsoft Office). How do I find out
    > which application is on focus and grab the text highlighted? Thanks.

    You can't (using standard C/C++).

    br
    socketd

    Socketd, Aug 14, 2003
  4. Danny

    Dan Pop Guest

    In <> (Danny) writes:

    >I am writing a C program trying to read highlighted text in aother
    >application (Acrobat Reader or Microsoft Office). How do I find out
    >which application is on focus and grab the text highlighted? Thanks.

    The C abstract machine is single-tasking, single-threaded, therefore
    there is exactly one application running at a time, as far as the C
    language is concerned.

    Dan
    --
    Dan Pop
    DESY Zeuthen, RZ group

    Dan Pop, Aug 14, 2003
  5. Danny

    jacob navia Guest

    "Danny" <> wrote in message news:...
    > Hi,
    > I am writing a C program trying to read highlighted text in aother
    > application (Acrobat Reader or Microsoft Office). How do I find out
    > which application is on focus and grab the text highlighted? Thanks.
    > Danny

    Read the documentation about the clipboard or download the tutorial
    of lcc-win32 about C programming under windows. There search for
    the clipboard examples.

    jacob

    jacob navia, Aug 14, 2003
  6. Danny

    CBFalconer Guest

    jacob navia wrote:
    > "Danny" <> wrote in message
    >
    > > I am writing a C program trying to read highlighted text in
    > > aother application (Acrobat Reader or Microsoft Office). How
    > > do I find out which application is on focus and grab the text
    > > highlighted? Thanks.

    > Read the documentation about the clipboard or download the
    > tutorial of lcc-win32 about C programming under windows. There
    > search for the clipboard examples.

    Please restrict your answers to standard C in c.l.c. Redirection
    to other newsgroups which do not insist on portability is also
    acceptable. In some cases clearly labelling them as non-portable
    extensions will do. However giving the innocents the impression
    that such an operation is generally available in portable C is
    totally unacceptable here.

    --
    Chuck F () ()

    CBFalconer, Aug 15, 2003