    Thanks,

    Ciao,
    Mano

    manohar, Oct 3, 2003

  2. manohar

    WW Guest

    manohar wrote:
    > Dear Dudes,

    Dear Dude,

    > I want to know how compiler implements virtual
    > inheritance using pointers?

    It might.

    > If possible give me example explaing how
    > compiler uses pointers in implementing virtual base classes?

    Nope:
    http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt

    comp.compilers

    --
    WW aka Attila

    WW, Oct 3, 2003

  3. manohar

    David Rubin Guest

    WW wrote:

    > > If possible give me example explaing how
    > > compiler uses pointers in implementing virtual base classes?

    > Nope:
    > http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt

    Also, see Stroustrup, 3ed, Section 2.2 (IIRC).

    /david

    -- unknown

    David Rubin, Oct 3, 2003
  4. manohar

    WW Guest

    David Rubin wrote:
    > WW wrote:
    >
    >>> If possible give me example explaing how
    >>> compiler uses pointers in implementing virtual base classes?

    >> Nope:
    >> http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt

    > Also, see Stroustrup, 3ed, Section 2.2 (IIRC).

    Programming Paradigms???

    --
    WW aka Attila

    WW, Oct 3, 2003
  5. manohar

    David Rubin Guest

    WW wrote:

    > David Rubin wrote:

    > >> Nope:
    > >> http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt

    > > Also, see Stroustrup, 3ed, Section 2.2 (IIRC).

    > Programming Paradigms???

    I don't have it in front of me. There is a short section towards the
    front which illustrates how virtual table pointers might be implemented.

    /david

    -- unknown

    David Rubin, Oct 3, 2003
  6. David Rubin wrote:

    > I don't have it in front of me. There is a short section towards the
    > front which illustrates how virtual table pointers might be implemented.

    "The C++ Programming Language: Third Edition" by Bjarne Stroustrup,
    Chapter 2 A Tour of C++, Section 5 Data Abstraction,
    Subsection 5 Virtual Functions, pages 36-7.

    E. Robert Tisdale, Oct 3, 2003
  7. manohar

    WW Guest

    E. Robert Tisdale wrote:
    > David Rubin wrote:
    >
    >> I don't have it in front of me. There is a short section towards the
    >> front which illustrates how virtual table pointers might be
    >> implemented.

    > "The C++ Programming Language: Third Edition" by Bjarne Stroustrup,
    > Chapter 2 A Tour of C++, Section 5 Data Abstraction,
    > Subsection 5 Virtual Functions, pages 36-7.

    Cool. Now all together: look at the original post and observe that the OP
    asked about *virtual base classes* and *virtual inheritance*, not virtual
    functions.

    --
    WW aka Attila

    WW, Oct 4, 2003