Implementation of virtual inheritance by compilers

manohar

Dear Dudes,
I want to know how compiler implements virtual
inheritance using pointers? If possible give me example explaing how
compiler uses pointers in implementing virtual base classes?

Thanks,

Ciao,
Mano

David Rubin

WW said:
Programming Paradigms???

I don't have it in front of me. There is a short section towards the
front which illustrates how virtual table pointers might be implemented.

/david

E. Robert Tisdale

David said:
I don't have it in front of me. There is a short section towards the
front which illustrates how virtual table pointers might be implemented.

"The C++ Programming Language: Third Edition" by Bjarne Stroustrup,
Chapter 2 A Tour of C++, Section 5 Data Abstraction,
Subsection 5 Virtual Functions, pages 36-7.

WW

E. Robert Tisdale said:
"The C++ Programming Language: Third Edition" by Bjarne Stroustrup,
Chapter 2 A Tour of C++, Section 5 Data Abstraction,
Subsection 5 Virtual Functions, pages 36-7.

Cool. Now all together: look at the original post and observe that the OP
asked about *virtual base classes* and *virtual inheritance*, not virtual
functions.