Implementing 1D BSP

dos.fishing

I know what a binary space partition tree is, but could someone explain
what a 1 dimensional BSP tree is? What is stored in the nodes and what
is stored in the leaves? What order?

Is it correct that one tries to organize points (or maybe line
segments) in the tree structure? If this is the case, I don't really
see any difference to a regular binary search tree.
Thankfull if anyone could enlighten me.

BR
//Kid

Jack Klein

I know what a binary space partition tree is, but could someone explain
what a 1 dimensional BSP tree is? What is stored in the nodes and what
is stored in the leaves? What order?

Is it correct that one tries to organize points (or maybe line
segments) in the tree structure? If this is the case, I don't really
see any difference to a regular binary search tree.
Thankfull if anyone could enlighten me.

Your question does not have anything to do with the C language.

A good group for asking about algorithms, as you are, is

If you are trying to implement an algorithm in standard C and have
trouble, then post the problem code here and ask for help.

And of course you can always try typing a phrase like:

"one dimensional" "binary space partition tree"

....into Google and see what happens.