Implementing concurrent Test Cases in Ruby and Watir

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by kalensr, Mar 10, 2006.

  1. kalensr

    kalensr Guest

    Can anyone point me to an example of executing a test case in multiple
    threads concurrently?

    There are 10 instances of the application under tests running on 4
    different boxes.

    I am attempting to build a release night test that will use the url and
    verify what instance of the web app we have accessed (by checking a
    developer inserted tag in the source). If the instance of the app has
    not been encountered a series of tests will be executed, other wise the
    script will log off, close the browser, launch a new browser and try
    again.

    I would like this process to run from multiple threads concurrently in
    hopes of hitting all app servers quicker.

    This test has been simulated manually, but I am not sure how to
    implement in Ruby and Watir.

    kalensr, Mar 10, 2006

  2. kalensr

    Guest

    Look at SW Explorer Automation
    (http://home.comcast.net/~furmana/SWIEAutomation.htm). The program
    creates automation API for any Web application based on HTML and DHTML
    The API is used to visually record the test scripts.

    The number of test instances is limited only by Windows limitation on
    number of IE instances.

    kalensr wrote:
    > Can anyone point me to an example of executing a test case in multiple
    > threads concurrently?
    >
    > There are 10 instances of the application under tests running on 4
    > different boxes.
    >
    > I am attempting to build a release night test that will use the url and
    > verify what instance of the web app we have accessed (by checking a
    > developer inserted tag in the source). If the instance of the app has
    > not been encountered a series of tests will be executed, other wise the
    > script will log off, close the browser, launch a new browser and try
    > again.
    >
    > I would like this process to run from multiple threads concurrently in
    > hopes of hitting all app servers quicker.
    >
    > This test has been simulated manually, but I am not sure how to
    > implement in Ruby and Watir.

    , Mar 13, 2006

  3. kalensr

    kalensr Guest

    Thanks Alex!

    I will take a look at this when I get some down time.

    Kalen

    kalensr, Mar 14, 2006