    anyway we can programatically take back the cookie we issued?
    thanks,
    Gary
    Gary, Jan 9, 2004

  2. Hi Gary,

    Thank you for posting here. Based on your description, you want to let the
    customer manually remove the FormAutentication's login cookie info when
    they've logined before and chose the "remember me". Please correct me if I
    misunderstanding your problem.

    As for the FormAuthentication of ASP.NET. When you call the
    FormsAuthentication.RedirectFromLoginPage(txtUsername,
    cbRememberMe.checked), the user's login cookie(token) will be genrerated.
    And the "cbRememberMe.checked" will control whether to persisit the client
    login cookie for the next time user visit the web application. However,
    this rely on that the user haven't logon out during the last visit, because
    when the user logout, the login cookie and token is no longer valid. And in
    Form Authentication, you can call the "FormsAuthentication.SignOut()" to do
    the logout operation. As for the problem in this issue, I think you may
    programatically call the "FormsAutenticaion.SignOut()" to terminate the
    user's login cookie. How do you think of this means?

    Please try out my suggestion to see whether it is helpful. If you have any
    questions on my description, please feel free to post here.

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)
    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Jan 10, 2004

  3. Hi Gary,

    Have you had any progress on this issue or have you resolved it?
    Please feel free to post here if you need any assistant.

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Jan 14, 2004