Implementing Hibernate for existing MySQL schema

Discussion in 'Java' started by Carla, Nov 4, 2008.

  1. Carla

    Carla Guest

    Hello,

    I am planning to implement Hibernate based persistence model for my
    existing MySQL schema.

    While talking to a friend today, I came to know about reverse
    engineering tools that will reduce the amount of work required to
    complete Hibernate implementation.

    Can someone please explain in three or four points -
    - what tools do I need to purchase
    - once I'll have the tools, what are the major steps in the impl.
    process
    - how much time does it take to complete this process for a relatively
    small database with fairly non-complex relationships.

    Thanks,
    Carla

    Carla, Nov 4, 2008

  2. Carla

    Carla Guest

    On Nov 3, 7:21 pm, Carla <> wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am planning to implement Hibernate based persistence model for my
    > existing MySQL schema.
    >
    > While talking to a friend today, I came to know about reverse
    > engineering tools that will reduce the amount of work required to
    > complete Hibernate implementation.
    >
    > Can someone please explain in three or four points -
    > - what tools do I need to purchase
    > - once I'll have the tools, what are the major steps in the impl.
    > process
    > - how much time does it take to complete this process for a relatively
    > small database with fairly non-complex relationships.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Carla

    I am eagerly looking for some help.

    Carla, Nov 4, 2008

    http://www.hibernate.org/255.html lists some.

    >> - once I'll have the tools, what are the major steps in the impl.
    >> process
    >> - how much time does it take to complete this process for a relatively
    >> small database with fairly non-complex relationships.

    http://www.hibernate.org/20.html lists discussion fora you might
    usefully use.

    >> Thanks,
    >> Carla

    > I am eagerly looking for some help.

    Perhaps the experts here are hibernating?
    :)

    --
    RGB

    RedGrittyBrick, Nov 4, 2008
  4. Carla

    Lew Guest

    On Nov 4, 10:46 am, RedGrittyBrick <>
    wrote:
    > Carla wrote:
    > > On Nov 3, 7:21 pm, Carla <> wrote:
    > >> Hello,

    > >> I am planning to implement Hibernate based persistence model for my
    > >> existing MySQL schema.

    > >> While talking to a friend today, I came to know about reverse
    > >> engineering tools that will reduce the amount of work required to
    > >> complete Hibernate implementation.

    > >> Can someone please explain in three or four points -
    > >> - what tools do I need to purchase

    > http://www.hibernate.org/255.htmllists some.
    >
    > >> - once I'll have the tools, what are the major steps in the impl.
    > >> process
    > >> - how much time does it take to complete this process for a relatively
    > >> small database with fairly non-complex relationships.

    > http://www.hibernate.org/20.htmllists discussion fora you might
    > usefully use.
    >

    > >> Thanks,
    > >> Carla

    > > I am eagerly looking for some help.

    > Perhaps the experts here are hibernating?
    > :)

    There are other ORM projects that comply with JPA, including Apache
    OpenJPA and Oracle TopLink.

    --
    Lew

    Lew, Nov 4, 2008