Implementing IDataSource

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Andrew, Nov 23, 2006.

  1. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    I need my own datasource control to connect to my business objects.

    Interestingly when I implemented a descendant of
    System.Web.UI.DataSourceControl it would never show up on my toolbox so I
    have implemented System.Web.UI.Control descendant that supports the
    System.Web.UI.IDataSource interface.

    This works and I can connect my data source control up to grids etc and it
    works fine.

    The only problem is at design time it does not allow me to pick data fields
    from a drop down list. I have to type in the field names manually.

    Do I have to implement another interface other than IDataSource to make it
    show the available fields in a drop down list at design time?

    Thanks

    --
    Andrew Cutforth - AJC Software - www.ajcsoft.com
    The best folder synchronize and directory compare tool available.
    Andrew, Nov 23, 2006