Implementing load balancing with ws-routing/ws-referral

Heather W

Hi,

We're trying to implement load balancing using these technologies. I've found lots and lots of articles by googling claiming you can do it, but I cannot find any examples of this, even trivial ones. I've been playing around with it for about a week now, and I haven't figured out a good way to go about doing this.

What's confusing me is that it seems you can only have one referral for each path, so if I wanted to round-robin between say 3 services, I don't see how I can accomplish that via the referral cache.

I wrote something fairly crude that did a round robin by dynamically inserting a via command to one of 3 services URIs I read from the web.config file, but I really don't think that's the proper way to go about doing this. It also wouldn't address how a server dynamically tells the router that it's available or not available. Is there any support for a server to talk to the router directly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Heather W.

Heather W

Can anyone from Microsoft answer this one? All MS documentation says this is possible, but there are no examples.