Implementing our own providers

Pradeep

hello,
I want to implement my own provider in asp.net instead of the default
aspnetsqlmembershipprovider... i want to implement my provider in such
a way that i want it to get the data from my own schema instead of
creating and using the default set of aspnet db....could anyone tell me
how this can be done ??
bye

john_teague

The Membership system is maintained through 3 classes. A class that
inherits from the abstract MembershipProvider class, the MembershipUser
(or a class that inherits it) and the static Membership class
referenced. in Page.

The work to create your own Membership provider is to create a class
that inherits from MembershipProvider. At a minimum, you will need to
override ValidateUser and GetUser to use the login control. If you
plan on using any of the other controls you will need to implement
other methods like CreateUser, ChangePassword, etc...

Now you just change the <membership> config settings to use your
provider.

All of the providers supplied by MS are now open source, this site has
all the info you need for any of the providers.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/downloads/providers/

Pradeep

Thanks for that info John,
But I want all the personalization information to be stored in a my own
set of tables instead of the default aspnet tables..Is there a way to
achieve this..?
Bye

john_teague

When you inherit from MembershipProvider, you are responsible for how
all of those methods work. Nothing will be implemented for you.