implementing swing client to ejb server failover and load balancing

Discussion in 'Java' started by Timasmith, Dec 2, 2006.

  1. Timasmith

    Timasmith Guest

    Hi,

    So far my Swing app uses a system property at runtime to determine
    which JBoss server to connect to.

    -Djava.naming.factory.initial=org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory
    -Djava.naming.factory.url.pkgs=org.jboss.naming:eek:rg.jnp.interfaces
    -Djava.naming.provider.url=appserver:1099

    Ideally I would like to round robin to randomize which server to
    connect to which each call to the server to both take advantage of
    multiple servers and if one is down to failover to another.

    The client code is:

    Object ref = ctx.lookup("SomeBean/remote");

    Can I set these system properties somewhere other than at the command
    line?

    tia
    Timasmith, Dec 2, 2006