Implementing the TryCatchFinally interface correctly

Manavendra Gupta

I have a library of custom tags which assist in page
generation/presentation.

Due to inexperience, at a rather late stage I realised I need a tag that
would wrap the entire page in a try/catch block and at the very least,
display a readable message about the failure when some of the content may
already have been written.

The TryCatchFinally interface has been implemented, but I have a problem:
the generated java code (from the JSP) indicates the "wrapper" tag is really
not a wrapper - the "_jspService" invokes the tag's doStartTag(), but the
rest of the page's code is NOT invoked from the doStartTag() but the
_jspService() method.

What would I need to do to tie in the rest of the JSP page with this,
so-assumed wrapper tag?

Thanks
Manav