Implementing validation control in server control...

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by J Gopinath, Jun 2, 2004.

  1. J Gopinath

    J Gopinath Guest

    Hi,

    I'm creating server control which is having one datagrid.

    That datagrid contains editCommand. When I click the Edit Button,

    All the values are displayed in TextBox. (This is the actual scenario).

    All the values are mandatory. So I can't leave any control as blank.

    So I'm implementing RequiredFieldValidator control and add it in the
    datagrid.

    But It is not working. Removing all the datas from the datagrid and click
    the 'Update'

    link button, the details are updated in the database.

    My requiredFieldValidator controls are not working. how to I integrate
    the validation controls

    in my datagrid(server controls).

    Regards

    -Gopi

    Disclaimer Information contained in this E-MAIL being proprietary to Scape
    Velocity, Inc is 'privileged', 'confidential' and intended for use only by
    the individual or entity to which it is addressed. Any use or dissemination
    of any information contained in the E-MAIL beyond that necessary to conduct
    business with Scape Velocity, Inc. is strictly prohibited, except as may be
    agreed to in writing between Scape Velocity and you or your organization. If
    the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or agent
    hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
    communication is prohibited. If you have received this communication in
    error, please notify us immediately and delete this email. Scape Velocity,
    -- Global Software Development at the speed of 'e'

    J Gopinath, Jun 2, 2004