Implied Document form problem.

Don Lancaster

This program http://www.tinaja.com/demo28b.asp seems to work perfectly
(for where it is at in the development and debug process) when run
inside GoLive.

Moving it online and viewing it with Firefox, nothing happens as no
variables are recognized. Error in the Firefox javascript console says
"PickMS is not defined" and similar.

An "implied document" form was assumed, with the script being placed
after all HTML. There were no new seperate form and /form statements.

Yet adding a <FORM> and </FORM> in GoLive seems to create the opposite
problem.

What am I doing wrong?

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster voice phone: (928)428-4073
Synergetics 3860 West First Street Box 809 Thatcher, AZ 85552
rss: http://www.tinaja.com/whtnu.xml email: (e-mail address removed)

-Lost

Don said:
This program http://www.tinaja.com/demo28b.asp seems to work perfectly
(for where it is at in the development and debug process) when run
inside GoLive.

Moving it online and viewing it with Firefox, nothing happens as no
variables are recognized. Error in the Firefox javascript console says
"PickMS is not defined" and similar.

An "implied document" form was assumed, with the script being placed
after all HTML. There were no new seperate form and /form statements.

Yet adding a <FORM> and </FORM> in GoLive seems to create the opposite
problem.

What am I doing wrong?

There are a few things:

"Expected ':' but found '='. Declaration dropped."

That is the first thing I see when I allow JavaScript.

Second, the use of the language attribute in a script tag is deprecated.

Third, HTML 3.2? You are kidding right?

Lastly, you are going to have to cut the error down to a small example
that people can easily read over, otherwise you will never get answered
if you expect someone to read through 1,357 lines of markup, style, and
script.

-Lost

Randy said:
-Lost said the following on 5/3/2007 11:56 PM:

So is the type="text/javascript" so what would you propose people use? I
am not advocating the use of the language attribute (far from it), just
curious as I see a lot of people that are quick to point out that
language is deprecated and recommend the type="text/javascript" yet it
is also deprecated.

Um, I did not recommend the type attribute at all. I merely said the
language attribute was clearly deprecated. As:

http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/interact/scripts.html

....specifically states that it was deprecated.

However, I do not know other than by your mention, if the type attribute
is deprecated. In fact, that is why I did not mention the type
attribute because I believed what I have seen you say every time someone
did mention type over language.

See. I learned something from you. :)