    data from. Is it doable?

    Thanks,

    Uma
    Uma Muthu, Apr 7, 2006

  2. Uma Muthu

    Jeff Dillon Guest

    Is the Excel file on the server? Import to where?

    You can open the Excel file using ADO.NET

    Jeff

    Jeff Dillon, Apr 7, 2006

  3. Uma Muthu

    Uma Muthu Guest

    Thanks for your reply Jeff.

    Most likey the file will be in the client machine.(Browse to...)

    Import to where?
    In that Excel spreadsheet are specific cells that I want to capture
    specific data from and post it on the web grid.

    Thanks,
    Uma
    Uma Muthu, Apr 7, 2006
  4. Uma Muthu

    Jeff Dillon Guest

    Well, the first task is to get the Excel file to the server. You'll need to
    upload the file to the server, and then open it, parse it, and go from
    there.

    Check into the HTML Input (File) control to get started.

    Jeff

    Jeff Dillon, Apr 7, 2006
  5. You can use Excel as an ADO.NET data source as detailed here:
    http://www.dotnetspider.com/technology/kbpages/1080.aspx

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP