import delimited text file to msde

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by TJS, Oct 28, 2003.

  1. TJS

    TJS Guest

    I need to import a delimited text file to an msde table, I found discussion
    item below.
    anything available for msde which is comparable to this Jet example?

    =================================
    The TEXT ODBC driver calls the Jet database engine and reads text files via
    Jet's Text IISAM driver. You may try code similar to the following:

    Dim cn As New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data
    Source=c:\temp;Extended Properties=""Text;HDR=NO""")

    Dim da As New OleDbDataAdapter("SELECT * FROM [customers.txt]", cn)
    Dim ds As New DataSet()
    da.Fill(ds, "Customers")

    Here's the SCHEMA.INI file in the c:\temp directory. i.e. the Data Source
    location:

    [CUSTOMERS.TXT]
    ColNameHeader=False
    Format=TabDelimited