Import directive error

Raghavendra T V

Hi Sharon,

Make sure you have added reference to the System.Runtime.Remoting.dll.
If you have added and still getting this error i suggest you to remove the
reference and then add it again.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks
Raghavendra

Sharon Tal

Compiler Error Message: CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Http' does not
exist in the class or namespace 'System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels' (are you
missing an assembly reference?)

Source Error:

Line 2: <%@ Import Namespace="System.Runtime.Remoting" %>
Line 3: <%@ Import Namespace="System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels" %>
Line 4: <%@ Import Namespace="System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Http" %>
Line 5:
Line 6: <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="True" %>

Any ideas?
10x, Sharon.

Shiva

Hi,
Use the <%@ Assembly %> directive.

Hi Raghavendra and thanks for your reply.
How do i add a reference to aspx page.
I know how to do it with csc.exe, but this is a web page.
I'm not working with Visual Studio.
Thanks.

Sharon Tal

Hi Raghavendra and thanks for your reply.
How do i add a reference to aspx page.
I know how to do it with csc.exe, but this is a web page.
I'm not working with Visual Studio.
Thanks.

Guest

How do you add an "assembly reference" in a *.aspx file?
<%@ Assembly %> does not solve the problem.

Girish Bharadwaj

Help :
ms-help://MS.VSCC.2003/MS.MSDNQTR.2003FEB.1033/cpgenref/html/cpconassembly.h
tm
<%@ Assembly Name="MyAssembly" %>

Or, you can use the web.config to add the directive as well.See MSDN for
more help.