Import of a User Control in GAC

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by Manuel Lopez, Dec 3, 2003.

  1. Manuel Lopez

    Manuel Lopez Guest

    Hello,

    I am trying to share User Controls.

    I want all the codehind of a User Control to be a compiled DLL and
    have this DLL in the GAC.

    I have this declarative in the user control:

    <%@ Control Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false"
    Inherits="UserControls.Header"
    TargetSchema="http://schemas.microsoft.com/intellisense/ie5" %>

    I have omited the codehind and placed the UserControls DLL in the GAC.
    From my web application i reference the usercontrols.dll, and since
    it´s in the GAC it doesn´t copy the DLL to the BIN folder, which is
    what it´s supposed to do.

    But when i execute the web application it complains that it can´t find
    the dll.

    This is fixed by placing the dll in the BIN folder.(Which doesn´t help
    since we would have to copy this dll to all the all the applications.

    Is there a way to to make a user control to inherit from a dll in the
    GAC?

    Many Thanks.
    Manuel

    Manuel Lopez, Dec 3, 2003