Import site

Discussion in 'Python' started by satish k.chimakurthi, Aug 20, 2003.

  1. Hello all,

    I am trying to load a module in python. When I said python at the
    commandprompt, I got the following and yet I am able to go to the python
    prompt

    $ python
    Python 1.5.2 (#1, Apr 3 2002, 18:16:26) [GCC 2.96 20000731 (Red Hat Linux
    7.2 2 on linux-i386

    Can someone throw light on this ??

    Thanks in advance,
    SATISH

    SATISH K.CHIMAKURTHI
    GRADUATE TEACHING ASSISTANT
    UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY
    LEXINGTON, KY

    satish k.chimakurthi, Aug 20, 2003

  2. On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 13:07:49 -0400, rumours say that "satish
    k.chimakurthi" <> might have written:

    >I am trying to load a module in python. When I said python at the
    >commandprompt, I got the following and yet I am able to go to the python
    >prompt
    >
    >$ python
    >'import site' failed; use -v for traceback

    A slight chance; if you enter the 'env' command at the shell prompt,
    does it contain a 'PYTHONHOME' environment variable? If yes, unset it.
    --
    TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best,

    Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou, Aug 22, 2003