Important Media Player

Dear all, anyone know how i can place a media player on my asp page to
allow user to listen to sample songs, etc? or anyone know where to find
the code?? Thanks

Regards
cheers

dave

Youll do it the same way as you would on an html page - however this group
is about server side code.

Evertjan.

D wrote on 30 okt 2004 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
Dear all, anyone know how i can place a media player on my asp page to
allow user to listen to sample songs, etc? or anyone know where to find
the code?? Thanks

I use something like this to send off-site sound to the user:

''''...........
Response.Clear()

if instr(href,"mms:")=1 then
Response.ContentType = "video/x-ms-asf"
%>
<ASX version="3.0">
<Entry>
<ref HREF="<%=href%>"/>
</Entry>
</ASX>
<%
elseif instr(href,"rtsp:")=1 OR instr(href,"pnm:")=1 then
Response.ContentType="audio/x-pn-realaudio"
%>
<%=href%>

<% else
''''........

Evertjan.

Daniel wrote on 30 okt 2004 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
What does that code mean??

[please quote, this is not email, but usenet
Response.ContentType = "video/x-ms-asf"]
Do i have to amend it to suit my website??

This you have to understand to use it.
Just the pasting will get you nowhere.

If you don't understand,
try to learn about Response.ContentType and streaming media
or do not use the code.

Daniel

If i dun want to use code, then i ask for what? ask for fun??? if i dun
know the code, of course i must ask

cheers

Daniel

Quote what??? I already state my question in the first msg :)

Dear all, anyone know how i can place a media player on my asp page to
allow user to listen to sample songs, etc? or anyone know where to find
the code?? Thanks

cheers

Evertjan.

Daniel wrote on 30 okt 2004 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
If i dun want to use code, then i ask for what? ask for fun??? if i dun
know the code, of course i must ask

Dear Daniel,

When asking in a technical forum like this NG, often [and this time] you
get a technical hint for an answer, because one expects you to know the
basics of ASP serverside scripting in VBscript or Jscript.

This has nothing to do with your or my fun, funnily enough.

An expectation of a complete solution will often not be fulfilled,
as this NG is not a payed helpline.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

D said:
Quote what??? I already state my question in the first msg :)
Quote the message to which you are replying. So we don't have to go back to
see the previous messages to see the thread of the conversation.

I think what others are suggesting is that you have been given the solution,
and that it is up to you now to go research the provided solution so that
you can understand it. There is a wealth of material out there on the web to
help you. All you need to do is search for it. For example, you don't
understand Response.ContentType. Go to Google and put that term in the
search field. You will find lots of information. Or go to
msdn.microsoft.com/library and search for that term. You will find the
documentation for all Microsoft technology on that site. Make use of it.

Bob Barrows