    the code?? Thanks

    Regards
    cheers

    D, Oct 30, 2004

  2. D

    dave Guest

    Youll do it the same way as you would on an html page - however this group
    is about server side code.

    dave, Oct 30, 2004

  3. D

    Daniel Guest

    The same way is how???

    cheers

    Daniel, Oct 30, 2004
  4. D

    Evertjan. Guest

    D wrote on 30 okt 2004 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > Dear all, anyone know how i can place a media player on my asp page to
    > allow user to listen to sample songs, etc? or anyone know where to find
    > the code?? Thanks

    I use something like this to send off-site sound to the user:

    ''''...........
    Response.Clear()

    if instr(href,"mms:")=1 then
    Response.ContentType = "video/x-ms-asf"
    %>
    <ASX version="3.0">
    <Entry>
    <ref HREF="<%=href%>"/>
    </Entry>
    </ASX>
    <%
    elseif instr(href,"rtsp:")=1 OR instr(href,"pnm:")=1 then
    Response.ContentType="audio/x-pn-realaudio"
    %>
    <%=href%>

    <% else
    ''''........

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Oct 30, 2004
  5. D

    Daniel Guest

    What does that code mean?? Do i have to amend it to suit my website??

    cheers

    Daniel, Oct 30, 2004
  6. D

    Evertjan. Guest

    Daniel wrote on 30 okt 2004 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > What does that code mean??

    [please quote, this is not email, but usenet
    > Response.ContentType = "video/x-ms-asf"]

    > Do i have to amend it to suit my website??

    This you have to understand to use it.
    Just the pasting will get you nowhere.

    If you don't understand,
    try to learn about Response.ContentType and streaming media
    or do not use the code.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Oct 30, 2004
  7. D

    Daniel Guest

    If i dun want to use code, then i ask for what? ask for fun??? if i dun
    know the code, of course i must ask

    cheers

    Daniel, Oct 30, 2004
  8. D

    dave Guest

    dave, Oct 30, 2004
  9. D

    Daniel Guest

    Quote what??? I already state my question in the first msg :)

    Daniel, Oct 30, 2004
  10. D

    Evertjan. Guest

    Daniel wrote on 30 okt 2004 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
    > If i dun want to use code, then i ask for what? ask for fun??? if i dun
    > know the code, of course i must ask

    Dear Daniel,

    When asking in a technical forum like this NG, often [and this time] you
    get a technical hint for an answer, because one expects you to know the
    basics of ASP serverside scripting in VBscript or Jscript.

    This has nothing to do with your or my fun, funnily enough.

    An expectation of a complete solution will often not be fulfilled,
    as this NG is not a payed helpline.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Oct 30, 2004
  11. D wrote:
    > Quote what??? I already state my question in the first msg :)

    Quote the message to which you are replying. So we don't have to go back to
    see the previous messages to see the thread of the conversation.

    I think what others are suggesting is that you have been given the solution,
    and that it is up to you now to go research the provided solution so that
    you can understand it. There is a wealth of material out there on the web to
    help you. All you need to do is search for it. For example, you don't
    understand Response.ContentType. Go to Google and put that term in the
    search field. You will find lots of information. Or go to
    msdn.microsoft.com/library and search for that term. You will find the
    documentation for all Microsoft technology on that site. Make use of it.

    Bob Barrows
    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Oct 30, 2004
  12. D

    Jeff Dillon Guest

    Go to a site that does this, then choose View Source

    Jeff

    Jeff Dillon, Nov 1, 2004