Important Stack Trace Data Missing When App Moved

RC

I have implemented an error logging routine that writes out the stack trace
(associated with the Exception object). It tells me the exact line(s) of
code that lead up to the Exception.
Example:
at MyApp.MyPage.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\MyApp\SubDir\MyPage.aspx.cs:line 87

The problem I'm asking for help with is this: While testing this
application, I created a copy of it - same development machine, just in a
different virtual directory. This manually created copy of the application
works fine except that the Stack trace is missing the [line of code that
choked] information.
Example:
at MyApp.MyPage.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

FWIW: the computer is Win2KPro; the original application (directory
structure, virtual directory, etc) was created with VS.NET 2003; the copy
was created manually - all same properties via the IIS admin tool except
that I didn't include the Front Page server extensions.

What can I do to get the [full path to the line of code that choked] data in
the manually created copy of the application?

Thanks!

bruce barker

turn on debug - required to get line numbers

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

| I have implemented an error logging routine that writes out the stack
trace
| (associated with the Exception object). It tells me the exact line(s) of
| code that lead up to the Exception.
| Example:
| at MyApp.MyPage.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in
| c:\inetpub\wwwroot\MyApp\SubDir\MyPage.aspx.cs:line 87
|
| The problem I'm asking for help with is this: While testing this
| application, I created a copy of it - same development machine, just in a
| different virtual directory. This manually created copy of the application
| works fine except that the Stack trace is missing the [line of code that
| choked] information.
| Example:
| at MyApp.MyPage.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
|
| FWIW: the computer is Win2KPro; the original application (directory
| structure, virtual directory, etc) was created with VS.NET 2003; the copy
| was created manually - all same properties via the IIS admin tool except
| that I didn't include the Front Page server extensions.
|
| What can I do to get the [full path to the line of code that choked] data
in
| the manually created copy of the application?
|
| Thanks!

RC

Thanks Bruce - right you are - and in my case I simply failed to copy the
updated PDB file over when I recompiled (gotta bring both the dll and pdb).

-RC