ImportError: No module named dbm

Discussion in 'Python' started by Guest, Oct 13, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi all,
    Iam trying to get 'cvs2svn' to get to work on a Trustix Linux machine.
    However is suspect that no dbm is installed because running cvs2svn
    gives the following error:

    ERROR: your installation of Python does not contain a suitable
    DBM module -- cvs2svn cannot continue.
    See http://python.org/doc/current/lib/module-anydbm.html to solve.

    So I ran test for the dbm installation and got the following,

    root@drbn /usr/local/lib/python2.3/test# python test_dbm.py
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "test_dbm.py", line 7, in ?
    import dbm
    ImportError: No module named dbm

    Can you tell me how do I go about getting the dbm module and install
    it.??

    Thanks again.

    Manas.

    Guest, Oct 13, 2005