ImportError: No module named dl

Discussion in 'Python' started by mathieu, Apr 15, 2008.

  1. mathieu

    mathieu Guest

    Hi there,

    I cannot figure out where did the 'dl' module went when running
    python on AMD64 (debian stable).

    According to the documentation, I have :

    python
    >>> import sys
    >>> help(sys.setdlopenflags)

    setdlopenflags(...)
    <snip>
    sys.setdlopenflags(dl.RTLD_NOW|dl.RTLD_GLOBAL)

    But when -as suggested by the doc- to load dl, I am getting:

    >>> import dl

    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
    ImportError: No module named dl

    dl module is extremely important since I need to load shared lib with
    RTLD_GLOBAL (and not RTLD_LOCAL)
    Ref:
    http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2002-05/msg00869.html
    & http://lists.apple.com/archives/xcode-users/2006/Feb/msg00234.html