ImportError: No module named lang - Serious Jython newbie - Please help!

Discussion in 'Python' started by javahead, Oct 8, 2003.

  1. javahead

    javahead Guest

    I am trying to write a simple gui in Jython that requires the java.awt
    and java.lang packages.

    Apparently, my installation is screwed up because I keep getting the
    following error message indicating that the language package cannot be
    found. For some reason I can access the swing package but not lang or
    awt?

    >>> import java.lang as lang

    Traceback (innermost last):
    File "<console>", line 1, in ?
    ImportError: No module named lang

    I am running Windows 2000 along with the following java development
    environments versions:

    Sun's J2 sdk v1.4.2 and jdk1.3.1_06

    Please help!

    javahead, Oct 8, 2003

  2. Re: ImportError: No module named lang - Serious Jython newbie - Pleasehelp!

    javahead wrote:

    > Apparently, my installation is screwed up because I keep getting the
    > following error message indicating that the language package cannot be
    > found. For some reason I can access the swing package but not lang or
    > awt?

    Are you getting any warnings when you startup Jython? If so, it may be
    that Jython can't find or build some cache files it needs. If you're
    getting them, run jython once as root, and then try again.

    / \ That's what I'm about / Holding out / Holding out for my baby
    \__/ Sandra St. Victor

    Erik Max Francis, Oct 8, 2003