importing a javascript function in html

qurat

hi,
i nee ur help..plz tell me how can i include a javascript functio
written in another file into html file.
means..importing html to html..

Regards..

-
qura

Jakob

qurat said:
hi,
i nee ur help..plz tell me how can i include a javascript function
written in another file into html file.
means..importing html to html..

Regards...

How about cut-and-paste

rf

qurat said:
hi,
i nee ur help..plz tell me how can i include a javascript function
written in another file into html file.
means..importing html to html..

Yes. You do need help.

You need help with:

a) your concept of what words actually are, eg nee -> need, plz -> please

b) your communication skills

c) your typing skills

d) your overall concept of how web pages are built

d) your netiquette.

This is probably the bloody problem. Do us all a favour and get a newsreader
and access alt.html directly instead of through this useless web site. I for
one am getting bloody sick of the blighters coming in from there.

Cheers
Richard.

Richard

rf wrote:

Yes. You do need help.
You need help with:
a) your concept of what words actually are, eg nee -> need, plz -> please
b) your communication skills
c) your typing skills
d) your overall concept of how web pages are built
d) your netiquette.
This is probably the bloody problem. Do us all a favour and get a
newsreader and access alt.html directly instead of through this useless
web site. I for one am getting bloody sick of the blighters coming in
from there.
Cheers
Richard.

dumbass. has it ever occurred to you that the person may be from a non
english speaking country?
That the purpose of this group is to HELP, not berate users who are less
fortunate than you are with your gift for gab and intelligence?
Do you know what the term "Ugly American" means? Look in the mirror.

You're the type of person who would travel to Tibet then ask what's wrong
with these people?
Why don't they speak English like everyone else does?
You're the one who is ignorant when it comes to just plain ordinary common
sense.

Richard

qurat wrote:

hi,
i nee ur help..plz tell me how can i include a javascript function
written in another file into html file.
means..importing html to html..
Regards...

<script language="JavaScript" src="filename.js"></script>

write the file using notepad with no html tags in it.
save the file with the quotes around the name and include the .js extension.
If you don't include the quotes, you will get filename.js.txt as a result.

http://www.htmlgoodies.com/beyond/extjs.html

rf

Richard said:
rf wrote:

Do you know what the term "Ugly American" means? Look in the mirror.

ROFLMBAO.

When I look in the mirror I see an Australian, you dipstick. You could
*very* easily have determined this by looking at my headers.

Once again you are totally wrong. Amazing, you can't even flame correctly
:)

Cheers
Richard.

Richard

rf wrote:

When I look in the mirror I see an Australian, you dipstick. You could
*very* easily have determined this by looking at my headers.

The term could also be applied to "ugly australian" and would mean the same
thing.
It's when you go visit a foreign country who's lifestyle is totally
different than yours, you expect them to be as you are.
You bitch and you whine because you don't understand the language, the
customs, or anything else.
Just as you did here. You chewed out the guy simply because you failed to
understand HIS way of life.

rf

Richard said:
rf wrote:

The term could also be applied to "ugly australian" and would mean the same
thing.

Ever been here? I think not. Do not pass opinions on something you have
never seen or know anything about.
Oh, hang on, you are always passing opinions about stuff like HTML and CSS,
which you don't know anything about :)

However, once again you are wrong.
It's when you go visit a foreign country who's lifestyle is totally
different than yours, you expect them to be as you are.

I have been to many "foreign" countries. Probably many many more than you
have been to. I expect them to be exactly as they are.

Once again you are wrong.
You bitch and you whine because you don't understand the language, the
customs, or anything else.

No I do not. I do my best to make myself understood and am paitient if I
have trouble understanding them.

Quite a few of my business associates and clients are "foreign". Many of
then (especially the Asian ones) do not speak English at all and must work
through an interpretor. We get on very well this way and I make quite a tidy
sum of money working with them. Do you?

In any case, once again you are wrong.
Just as you did here. You chewed out the guy simply because you failed to
understand HIS way of life.

This person speaks English as his native language. He/she is also probably
under 20 years old.

<quote>
hi,
i nee ur help..plz tell me how can i include a javascript function
written in another file into html file.
means..importing html to html..
</quote>

"nee" may be a typo. "ur" and "plz" are not. They are contractions of the
real word by an English speaking person. A person who did not speak English
fluently would not use these contractions. To stuff a language up like the
OP did requires an intimate knowledge of that language.

It is *you* who seem to think the OP is a "foreigner".

Well, once again you are wrong.

Gee, four wrongs in one ten line post. You are getting more unbelievable by
the day :)

Cheers
Richard.

rf

Richard said:
True. That's the old method obviously.

So why did you post it? Are you intentially trying to teach the newbies
incorrect stuff? No, don't asnwer that. We can see for ourselves. 99% of the
stuff you post is incorrect.

Cheers
Richard.

Toby A Inkster

Richard said:
dumbass. has it ever occurred to you that the person may be from a non
english speaking country?
Do you know what the term "Ugly American" means? Look in the mirror.

As has already been pointed out, "rf" isn't American: he's Australian. So
was the original poster. (I did an ARIN lookup on his IP address.)