Importing a module from a non-cwd

candide

Hi,

It's easy to open a file not located in the current working directory
(cwd). But how about importing a module?

For instance, suppose I have a file, say my_file.py, located in the cwd,
say /home/candide/ and suppose the module to be imported, say
my_module.py, is located in the /home/candide/foo/ directory.

How my_file.py can import the my_module.py module ?

Thanks

John Gordon

In said:
For instance, suppose I have a file, say my_file.py, located in the cwd,
say /home/candide/ and suppose the module to be imported, say
my_module.py, is located in the /home/candide/foo/ directory.
How my_file.py can import the my_module.py module ?

If PYTHONPATH and/or sys.path contain /home/candide/foo/, then you should
be able to:

import my_module

Or, if foo/ is a real module (i.e. it contains an __init__.py file), this
should work:

import foo.my_module