    Membership system without having to do data entry for 200+ users?

    Also, is anyone using this system? I can't find much feedback on the
    messageboards like the other technologies that I utilize.
    dawg1998, Jan 21, 2006

  2. I haven't seen any "importers" yet, although I am sure that with all the
    interest and the dozens of articles both by MS and developers promoting the
    scheme, somebody will surely write one. It's basically just observing SQL
    constraints while importing data into SQL tables.

    As far as anyone using it, yes lots of people are. In fact, I wrote a SQLite
    Membership/Roles provider class to use the SQLite database engine instead of
    MSAccess or SQL Server. Somebody else wrote one for MySql.

    Of course, nothing is stopping you from using your own database arrangement
    and performing Forms Authentication / roles against it instead of the
    provided infrastructure.

    Peter

    http://www.eggheadcafe.com
    UnBlog:
    http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com

    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQnJvbWJlcmcgW0MjIE1WUF0=?=, Jan 21, 2006

  3. dawg1998

    Guest

    On 21 Jan 2006 13:46:28 -0800, "dawg1998" <> wrote:

    >Also, is anyone using this system? I can't find much feedback on the
    >messageboards like the other technologies that I utilize.

    It's a great time-saver.

    I also dumped the userid as a foreign key in other tables, and it made
    the whole thing easier to code.
    , Jan 24, 2006