    site. Is there any way to include that cell only, on our page?
    --
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

    Miss Take, May 6, 2004

  2. Miss Take

    Hywel Guest

    In article <lvvmc.60894$>, Miss Take
    says...
    > We have a site that includes a list of offices listed on another site.
    > Those offices are in one cell of a table on that site. We don't want to
    > include the rest of the page as it contains links we don't want on our
    > site. Is there any way to include that cell only, on our page?

    Ask the owners of the other site to mark up the content with some
    specifically formatted comments so that you can then use something like
    PHP to remotely open the file over HTTP, parse it, then display the
    content.

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://kibo.org.uk/

    Hywel, May 6, 2004

  3. Miss Take

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Thu, 6 May 2004 19:48:09 +0100, Hywel <>
    declared in alt.html:

    > PHP to remotely open the file over HTTP, parse it, then display the
    > content.

    Or if it isn't going to change often, manual copy and paste. :)

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

    Mark Parnell, May 6, 2004
  4. Miss Take

    Miss Take Guest

    Mark Parnell wrote:

    > On Thu, 6 May 2004 19:48:09 +0100, Hywel <>
    > declared in alt.html:
    >
    >> PHP to remotely open the file over HTTP, parse it, then display the
    >> content.

    > Or if it isn't going to change often, manual copy and paste. :)

    Therein lies the problem. It is subject to change. Neither site is hosted
    where I can put in the necessary scripting. And, the client wants to avoid
    sending people to another site, even in its own window.

    I suppose I could cobble together a real Rube Goldberg script that uses wget
    to grab the other page, runs it thru sed to change the links and ftps it to
    the client site...but that is an ugly way to go. :-(
    --
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

    Miss Take, May 7, 2004
  5. Miss Take

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Thu, 06 May 2004 23:54:18 GMT, Miss Take <> declared in
    alt.html:

    > Therein lies the problem. It is subject to change. Neither site is hosted
    > where I can put in the necessary scripting. And, the client wants to avoid
    > sending people to another site, even in its own window.

    Your client sounds paranoid. :)

    > I suppose I could cobble together a real Rube Goldberg script that uses wget
    > to grab the other page, runs it thru sed to change the links and ftps it to
    > the client site...but that is an ugly way to go. :-(

    Without access to scripting on either site, something along those lines
    may be the only way to go (short of convincing your client otherwise).
    :-|

    Mark Parnell, May 7, 2004