importing the xilinx unisim files

suresh

Hi...

For 9.2i version, I have followed the following order to import the
unisim files.
unisim_VCOMP.vhd
unisim_VPKG.vhd
unisim_VITAL.vhd
unisim_SMODEL.vhd

But I am getting the error at compilation.

When I followed the same order for 9.1i version, it was compiling
successfully. Please help me about this.

thanks & regards,
Babu Suresh Achanta

HT-Lab

suresh said:
Hi...

For 9.2i version, I have followed the following order to import the
unisim files.
unisim_VCOMP.vhd
unisim_VPKG.vhd
unisim_VITAL.vhd
unisim_SMODEL.vhd

But I am getting the error at compilation.

When I followed the same order for 9.1i version, it was compiling
successfully. Please help me about this.

thanks & regards,
Babu Suresh Achanta

If this is for Modelsim why not use Xilinx' compxlib?

Example (from a command shell, there is also a GUI version):

compxlib -w -s mti_pe -arch all -lib all -l all -verbose -dir
c:\vendors\mti_libs

Hans
www.ht-lab.com

Duane Clark

suresh said:
Hi...

For 9.2i version, I have followed the following order to import the
unisim files.
unisim_VCOMP.vhd
unisim_VPKG.vhd
unisim_VITAL.vhd
unisim_SMODEL.vhd

But I am getting the error at compilation.

What error?

I normally compile the package file (unisim_VPKG.vhd) first.

suresh

What error?

I normally compile the package file (unisim_VPKG.vhd) first.

ERROR message

Bad configuration position found in unisim_VITAL.vhd file!
Line 181320 in your unisim_VITAL.vhd file.

Duane Clark

suresh said:
ERROR message

Bad configuration position found in unisim_VITAL.vhd file!
Line 181320 in your unisim_VITAL.vhd file.

What are you compiling this with, and what version of the program? What
component is being compiled? What are a few lines before and after line
181320 (I think I must have a different service pack, because I don't
see anything at that line number that I would expect to generate a
message like that)? I always compile by hand rather than use the
scripts, and am compiling with Riviera.