    successfully. Please help me about this.

    thanks & regards,
    Babu Suresh Achanta

    suresh, Apr 10, 2008

  2. suresh

    HT-Lab Guest

    "suresh" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi...
    >
    > For 9.2i version, I have followed the following order to import the
    > unisim files.
    > unisim_VCOMP.vhd
    > unisim_VPKG.vhd
    > unisim_VITAL.vhd
    > unisim_SMODEL.vhd
    >
    > But I am getting the error at compilation.
    >
    > When I followed the same order for 9.1i version, it was compiling
    > successfully. Please help me about this.
    >
    > thanks & regards,
    > Babu Suresh Achanta

    If this is for Modelsim why not use Xilinx' compxlib?

    Example (from a command shell, there is also a GUI version):

    compxlib -w -s mti_pe -arch all -lib all -l all -verbose -dir
    c:\vendors\mti_libs

    Hans
    www.ht-lab.com

    HT-Lab, Apr 10, 2008

  3. suresh

    Duane Clark Guest

    suresh wrote:
    > Hi...
    >
    > For 9.2i version, I have followed the following order to import the
    > unisim files.
    > unisim_VCOMP.vhd
    > unisim_VPKG.vhd
    > unisim_VITAL.vhd
    > unisim_SMODEL.vhd
    >
    > But I am getting the error at compilation.

    What error?

    I normally compile the package file (unisim_VPKG.vhd) first.

    Duane Clark, Apr 10, 2008
  4. suresh

    suresh Guest

    On Apr 11, 3:20 am, Duane Clark <> wrote:
    > suresh wrote:
    > > Hi...

    > > For 9.2i version, I have followed the following order to import the
    > > unisim files.
    > > unisim_VCOMP.vhd
    > > unisim_VPKG.vhd
    > > unisim_VITAL.vhd
    > > unisim_SMODEL.vhd

    > > But I am getting the error at compilation.

    > What error?
    >
    > I normally compile the package file (unisim_VPKG.vhd) first.

    ERROR:

    ------
    Bad configuration position found in unisim_VITAL.vhd file!
    Line 181320 in your unisim_VITAL.vhd file.
    ------

    thnak & regards,
    Suresh

    suresh, Apr 11, 2008
  5. suresh

    suresh Guest

    On Apr 11, 3:20 am, Duane Clark <> wrote:
    > suresh wrote:
    > > Hi...

    > > For 9.2i version, I have followed the following order to import the
    > > unisim files.
    > > unisim_VCOMP.vhd
    > > unisim_VPKG.vhd
    > > unisim_VITAL.vhd
    > > unisim_SMODEL.vhd

    > > But I am getting the error at compilation.

    > What error?
    >
    > I normally compile the package file (unisim_VPKG.vhd) first.

    ERROR message

    suresh, Apr 11, 2008
  6. suresh

    Duane Clark Guest

    suresh wrote:

    > ERROR message
    >
    > Bad configuration position found in unisim_VITAL.vhd file!
    > Line 181320 in your unisim_VITAL.vhd file.

    What are you compiling this with, and what version of the program? What
    component is being compiled? What are a few lines before and after line
    181320 (I think I must have a different service pack, because I don't
    see anything at that line number that I would expect to generate a
    message like that)? I always compile by hand rather than use the
    scripts, and am compiling with Riviera.

    Duane Clark, Apr 11, 2008