    Anybody has ideas how I can improve on this?

    Thanks
    Max

    MaxMustermann, Jul 23, 2005

  2. In article <>,
    "MaxMustermann" <> wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'm designing a website, and a sample is at the following link:
    > http://www.angelfire.com/nt2/cryo/

    I got nothing except a bunch of pretend links that don't work in Safari.

    > Anybody has ideas how I can improve on this?

    From my point of view, dump angelfire and get a real ISP. I simply
    couldn't get to your site. Inexpensive and powerful hosting is available
    in alt.www.webmaster. Just ask.

    leo

    --
    <http://web0.greatbasin.net/~leo/

    Leonard Blaisdell, Jul 23, 2005

  3. Yep... they're just placeholder links and not actual links.

    I won't be using angelfire... it's just a temporary site so that I can
    show it.

    Max

    MaxMustermann, Jul 23, 2005
  4. MaxMustermann

    rf Guest

    rf, Jul 23, 2005
  5. MaxMustermann

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On 22 Jul 2005 23:24:10 -0700, "MaxMustermann" <>
    wrote:

    >Anybody has ideas how I can improve on this?

    Start again from scratch. That's one of the worst-coded pages I've seen
    in years. Everything you could get wrong, every bad, inappropriate or
    just plain wrong technique you could have used, you've used it.

    Andy Dingley, Jul 23, 2005
  6. Ummm... and what is exactly wrong (apart from everything!!) ??

    Max

    MaxMustermann, Jul 23, 2005
  7. On 23 Jul 2005 09:21:31 -0700, MaxMustermann <> wrote:

    > Ummm... and what is exactly wrong (apart from everything!!) ??

    Your quote style for one. Include the part of the message you reply to, reply
    underneath. Don't forget to attribute the quote.

    No. No, don't. Don't blame the Google interface. Others got it working correctly
    from Google. The smarter ones got themselves a proper newsclient.

    Barbara de Zoete, Jul 23, 2005
  8. MaxMustermann wrote:
    > Ummm... and what is exactly wrong (apart from everything!!) ??
    >
    > Max

    Well aside of a very inflexible design with respect to font sizes....the
    background for link sections should be tiled to accommodate the cell
    when the font forces the cell to grow.

    'name' attribute is not valid for DIV elements
    TABLE with TD's but no TR's
    nested A elements are a big no-no
    'height' is not a valid attribute of the TR element...

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO