Improvement on website

MaxMustermann

Hi all,

I'm designing a website, and a sample is at the following link:
http://www.angelfire.com/nt2/cryo/

I would like to improve on the blue background of the 2 sections, so as
to make it more unique and nicer.

Note that each section is a table with a least 3 columns:

1. The first is rightmost column that icons the icon.
2. The middle is where the header and text are, and the image backgroun
is only 2 px thick.
3. The last is a border 3 px thick so that I can have round corners.

Anybody has ideas how I can improve on this?

Thanks
Max

Leonard Blaisdell

MaxMustermann said:
Hi all,

I'm designing a website, and a sample is at the following link:
http://www.angelfire.com/nt2/cryo/

I got nothing except a bunch of pretend links that don't work in Safari.
Anybody has ideas how I can improve on this?

From my point of view, dump angelfire and get a real ISP. I simply
couldn't get to your site. Inexpensive and powerful hosting is available
in alt.www.webmaster. Just ask.

leo

MaxMustermann

Yep... they're just placeholder links and not actual links.

I won't be using angelfire... it's just a temporary site so that I can
show it.

Max

Andy Dingley

Anybody has ideas how I can improve on this?

Start again from scratch. That's one of the worst-coded pages I've seen
in years. Everything you could get wrong, every bad, inappropriate or
just plain wrong technique you could have used, you've used it.

Barbara de Zoete

Ummm... and what is exactly wrong (apart from everything!!) ??

Your quote style for one. Include the part of the message you reply to, reply
underneath. Don't forget to attribute the quote.

No. No, don't. Don't blame the Google interface. Others got it working correctly
from Google. The smarter ones got themselves a proper newsclient.

Jonathan N. Little

MaxMustermann said:
Ummm... and what is exactly wrong (apart from everything!!) ??

Max
Well aside of a very inflexible design with respect to font sizes....the
background for link sections should be tiled to accommodate the cell
when the font forces the cell to grow.

'name' attribute is not valid for DIV elements
TABLE with TD's but no TR's
nested A elements are a big no-no
'height' is not a valid attribute of the TR element...